As a Corporate Director of programs at Bluegrass.org, I developed and directed numerous Outpatient Counseling Clinics, an Employee Assistance Program, Emergency Services, Intake and Assessment services and a state-wide, national award-winning program that takes mental health services to the jails of Kentucky. In these capacities I managed staff, marketed programs and had fiscal responsibility. I have published eight journal articles, conducted over one hundred workshops and presentations at local, state, national and international conferences and have provided extensive professional training.
One of my greatest achievements is the development of the Mental Health Crisis Network for Jails, initiating and passing legislation so it is now a statewide program offering diversion, services and risk management to people incarcerated with mental illness. It continues to be a “best practice” model in the country.
I’ve also had the honor of serving on the following community, state and professional boards:
- Kentucky Society for Clinical Social Work, Current Member and Past President
- Good Shepherd House, Executive Board Member, Current Clinical Director
- Bluegrass Decriminalization Coalition, Current Co-chair
- Bluegrass Reentry Council, Founding Board Member and Past Executive Director
- Kentucky Community Crisis Response Board, Founding Member and Past Clinical Director
- Commonwealth of Kentucky Suicide Prevention Group, Founding Executive Committee and Past Chair
Based on my work, I’ve been honored with the following state and national awards:
- National Council of State Government “Innovative Program of the Year”
- NAMI Lexington “Pioneer Award ” for the Future of Mental Health
- “Kentucky Colonel” for the development of the Kentucky Mental Health Crisis Network for Jails
- Kentucky Department of Mental Health – “Trail Blazer for Best Practices”
- Bluegrass.org “Hallie Shouse Award” for Clinical Excellence and Leadership,
- Bluegrass.org “Van Meter Alfred Award” for Clinical Excellence
In addition, I provide consultation and training to several community and national agencies. The focus is on helping communities and states increase social justice to people with mental illness and a history of trauma. The goal being to expand services, reduce incarceration and the traumatization of people who need treatment, not punishment. It is an honor to do this work. For more information, see the Consultation description in the SERVICES tab.
My gifts are my ability to see the big picture of what needs to happen and provide direction as a clear and strategic thinker, planner, organizer, speaker and trainer. I am using all this experience as a Transformational Life Coach and Trainer along with providing Community and Justice Consultation through my company Spectrum Transformation Services, LLC.
I welcome your inquiry on how I can be helpful to you!